Are you confused or unsure of what you can do about Climate Change and ecosystem degradation? Would you like to help in a real and tangible way?
Biochar offers a huge range of benefits for the environment across a range of applications.
In agriculture biochar can:
- Improve soil and animal health dramatically
- Retains water and nutrients in the soil to increase productivity
- Reduces water and petrochemical-based fertiliser requirements
Biochar can also be used in water and wastewater treatment, concrete, roads, plastics, food, health and beauty products, textiles, batteries and consumer electronics, to name a few.
Biochar is a key enabler of the New Carbon Economy we are building and one of its key benefits is that biochar can reduce CO2 emissions by storing the carbon as biochar. Storing carbon in soils or other applications means it does not get back into the atmosphere as greenhouse gases.
But there’s a problem
We need to urgently develop the biochar industry to scale the impact of biochar in restoring the environment and capturing and storing carbon to drive us to Net Zero carbon and beyond. The process of making biochar is well proven and this industry is growing rapidly in Europe and China. The challenge is to develop a Biochar Industry RoadMap (for Australia and New Zealand) that allows us to deliver the many benefits of biochar as quickly as we can. You can help by investing in a future that restores the Earth that works with nature.
Here’s what we’re doing about it
ANZBIG is developing a Roadmap aimed at;
- Delivering an overall strategic direction for the biochar industry
- Ensuring the scale-up of capability and capacity
- Supporting market development both here in Australia and New Zealand, as well as globally.
- Build soil carbon
The Roadmap will also;
- Highlight the products, services and benefits available within various markets
- Align biochar’s benefits to the objectives of government, industry and the community at large.
- Define and mainstream the requirements for Carbon neutrality and beyond through clear carbon accounting methodologies and robust verification
You can join us
We are seeking a total of $200K. The funds will be spent to achieve our main objectives;
- Development of a Biochar Industry Roadmap that has full industry engagement and support
- 2 Day Summit with National Awards Ceremony
- Engagement and support from the government
- Identification and promotion of market opportunities for industry and investors.o
How can you get involved?
- Become a sponsor of the roadmap – Diamond, Platinum, Gold, Silver, Gold and Bronze sponsorships are available
- Join ANZBIG as a member and your first year’s membership fee will be donated to the roadmap
- Be an anonymous donor
- Watch our webinar launch
- Donate via our crowdfunding page or contact Don Coyne at email@example.com for offline donations
- Download our pitch deck for more info